Proud Member of the Army’s Partnership for Youth Success Program
Sharp Transportation signed with the United States Army, offering interviews and possible employment to soldiers. Read more about the program here, and contact Recruiting for more details.
- Applicants must meet the following qualifications before applying:
- Minimum age requirement – 22 years of age at time of application.
- Minimum Commercial Motor Vehicle experience – 1 year experience, or a graduate of Bridger Land Applied Technology School (BATC), 10 week Commercial Drivers Course, followed by at least 4 weeks of training at Sharp Transportation with local and over the road drivers. More training may be needed after an evaluation following training.
- Must have a commercial driver’s license (CDL) class “A.”
- Must provide a current Department of Transportation medical card.
- No serious or disqualifying traffic violations within the last 3 years as follows:
- Excessive Speeding, involving any single offense for any speed of 15 m.p.h.
- Reckless driving, as defined by State or Local law or regulation, including but not limited to the offense of driving a motor vehicle in willful or wanton disregard for the safety of persons or property.
- Improper or erratic lane changes.
- Following too close.
- Driving while intoxicated or under the influence of drugs within the last 3 years.
- Hit and run, leaving the scene of an accident failure to report and accident.
- No more than 4 moving violations in the last 3 years and no more than 2 in the previous 12 months – Must Provide Current MVR with Application.
- No preventable accidents involving a fatality, bodily injuries treated away from the scene, or disabling damage damage to a motor vehicle requiring it to be towed from the scene within 3 years.
- Must pass mandatory DOT drug screen test as required by section 382.301 FMCSR.
- Must have current DOT physical as required by section 391.41 FMCSR.
- Must provide verifiable work history for past 10 years with no gaps as per section 391.21 (b) (11).
- Use month to month only. Do not use days. (Sample: From 10/92 to 12/96, NOT 10/2/92 to 12/15/96).
- Must be able to provide phone numbers, W-2s or other acceptable means of verification for work covering the last three years.
- Must be able to read and speak English per section 391.11 part 2 FMCSR.
- No more than 1 DOT reportable accidents in the last 3 years, must be filled out on application.
- Applicants must be able to pass the physical qualifications set by the department of transportation.
Please remember, that you are the first point of contact with the customers of SHARP TRANSPORTATION, INC. Your appearance and attitude are very important.